A List Of Original Persuasive Essay Topics On The Subject Of Music
The writing of a persuasive essay requires a unique set of skills. One must not only understand the given topic but be able to describe a particular stance on it in such a way that it convinces people that the writer’s expressed view is correct. For people who are unaccustomed to structuring balanced and proven arguments, this can be a bit of a challenge.
On the topic of music, there is so much that is subjective that it becomes even more difficult to convince others that one viewpoint is definitely accurate rather than another. This can come with practice over time.
The topics listed below can be used to gain that practice:
- What was the process by which note values were given different names in different cultures and is one superior to the other?
- Does the increased use of the flats and sharps in Middle Eastern and Indian scales reflect the theatrical traditions of those regions?
- Would Rock and Roll have been able to evolve its driving rhythms without the influence of African drumming techniques?
- Can all people learn to play and appreciate music or are some not at least minimally talented?
- Can the pursuit of classical music full time be considered a viable career path?
- Should music literacy be made a mandatory component of all school curricula?
- Are percussionist truly musicians?
- Is the pursuit of studies in Classical Music purposefully made unappealing to people of lower socio economic status?
- Are children better off studying dance or music?
- Has the lack of complexity in modern pop music affected the standard of musicianship many newcomers aspire to?
- Can humans with normal hearing live productive lives in the complete absence of music?
- Has music been more successful as a tool for peace or as a motivator for war?
- Do trained musicians have more fulfilling lives than other people?
- Should music be considered a language by linguists?
- Has music experienced an evolution or a devolution over the past century?
There are many ways to think of the subject of music. It has such a clear impact on every facet of life that it is almost impossible to find a field in which it does not appear in some way. By writing about these topics, more information can be gathered on the way it is thought to affect us over time.